A silly photo on Facebook started the wheels turning for a cool drawing project. At first glance, the boys’ outstretched arms looked unnaturally short…he is actually folding his arms across his chest, but thanks to the – A. lighting B. clothing choice and the fact no one else has their arms folded, he looked sort of like this…
Entirely okay with me, since this sparked an art project. Thank you, Nick!
- Without revealing the project – I had the kids trace their hands and feet on a sheet of paper.
- Hands at the top (could be overlapped, or run off the page if necessary)
- Feet at the bottom (some chose to take their shoes off, others left them on)
- To make the perspective clear, I had them draw “finger wrinkles” and the sole of their shoe, or “toe wrinkles”
- Then, I asked them to draw their body – BEHIND the hands and feet. (and showed them an example)
- Be sure the arms end at the base of the hand and the legs run into the feet.
and now for the shameless promotion ……
hope to see you around!