Ten on Tuesday questions from Roots and Rings will take up this blog post. Fun, it’s like a test, I’ve always loved tests- some people are smart..yet are bad at taking tests, I am, eh, so-so upstairs, but an excellent test taker.
Confession, I took an entire year of metallurgy – via homework and take-home tests twenty years ago, ….for someone – yikes! It is a sick obsession. Now I know I could not work in that field…but I sure did ace every test. booya!
Okay on with this test of random questions…
1. What are your pantry staples?
Canned tomatoes, rice, oatmeal and bunches of spices. Um and let’s see tea, coffee and, and…well, I am not a good stocker-upper.
2. What are your refrigerator staples?
Spinach, oranges, random condiments…..again, not a strong point.
3. You already look like Heidi Klum (or your favorite supermodel). Now, what are the top three non-physical things you would change about yourself?
I’d love to be able to stick to a schedule, be less weird and awkward in public…and figure out how to stock a pantry. – This reminds me of a quote by Cindy Crawford, she said “I wish I looked like Cindy Crawford.” meaning no woman looks like they do in advertisements….
4. What’s holding you back from your dream job? (If you already have your dream job, how did you get there?)
I sort of have my dream job…art teacher, freelance writer….but I’d like to expand the teaching into it’s own space (on my way…currently have my own classroom – next, building!) …and next stop for the freelancing is books…- oh, but the question is how did I get my dream job? determined little baby steps, baby ; )
6. What is something that you are embarrassed to admit you buy on a regular basis?
Tough question, maybe the cart full of bad bananas – to freeze, for smoothies. It does look odd and without fail the check-out girl always asks if I am making banana bread… but that serves a purpose. So I guess I am most embarrassed about purchasing black tights as often as people buy milk. I hear some people get more than a couple wears out of those things, unfortunately I am a bit less, um careful. Just slip it in the cart, no one needs to know how many pairs I go through. (well until now…)
7. What’s in/on your bed every night?
Several pillows, a favorite old flat comforter and super fluffy down-filled comforter that all together makes me feel like a bird in a nest.
8. What is a non-necessity item that, no matter how expensive it gets or how tight your budget if, you will always find room for it?
Coffee is probably it, for everything else I can make do, wait that is NOT a non-necessity, eyeliner, I will not be without good eyeliner.
9. What is the weirdest sandwich you’ve ever made?
I eat odd combinations – weird is relative. I love tomato sandwiches, just toasty bread, tomato slices and mustard, lettuce wrapped around cheese and salsa…or just about anything in a pita, those are nifty.
10. Would you rather: Be banned from Pinterest forever, but gain a million captive Twitter followers; or, never get on Facebook again but gain five thousand blog readers?
I do not “get” Twitter… and when I think about it, am a little freaked out about Facebook….so go ahead and give me five thousand blog readers, that would be cool. I’d be like The Bloggess – love her and her 500 comments on every random brilliant thing she says. ah yes, I would give up creepers for that : ).
ten on tuesdaythanks roots and rings!