One of my favorite bloggers ,Word Nerd , sometimes posts lists of random questions, a hodgepodge of this and that.. so today, while I was employing some “free-association” special writer techniques..(er, procrastinating on a project I really should be focusing on…) I clicked over to where these question originated from – Joyce, From this side of the pond and figured I’d join in……
it’s all very technical, the physics of writing really, you know an object in motion stays in motion…type type type….
1. What gives you goosebumps?
Incredible music, beautiful old buildings, kisses, COLD….and when I would walk to my car after working too late in that-very-inexpensive-studio-space in a very bad part of town, fine during the day- should not be out without supervision, pepper spray and a large dog….at night though! (and other situations like that) goosebumps from beauty, love, cold and fear- hmpf, they really are not that special I guess.
2. Halloween-are you a lover or a hater? Okay, that sounds harsh…Halloween-yay or nay?
Halloween, eh. not a fan (but I love costumes and Tim Burton- so I can’t flat out say nay)
3. Can you respect someone you do not trust, and can you trust someone you do not respect?
Tricky… I can ‘pretend’ to respect someone I do not trust. That is a matter of survival. And, maybe I can trust someone I do not respect, it really depends on what I am entrusting them with- did I just ask the neighbor, who I do not respect, to bring a dish to the potluck…or am I trusting them with something more substantial?
4. Apples or oranges? Yes, you have to choose.
I love oranges….but will choose apples. They are much more plentiful (cheap) where I live…and can be eaten so many different ways, raw, baked….yum, baked sounds good right now (as I sit here shivering with goosebumps…)
5. What is something you wish was in your town? (shop, restaurant, attraction, etc)
Cannot think of anything – I think this place is full. -can we bring back the open fields, woods, lakes…?
6. What non-food item is in your refrigerator or freezer?
Ice packs, wet/frozen washcloths – red washcloths, you know so the blood stays hidden…..
7. Are you at all superstitious?
Synchronicity, coincidences, intuition….in my own way, I guess I am
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This is good place to share the odd coincidences
that will allow me to sleep sometime soon, like always, I have taken on a bit too much this week, add in my son’s play-off football games and …my daughters college open house and …saying this very gently
, but Mr. E’s passing added more to the complicated mix….
but, it all works out- it always does.
1. The open house was cancelled – not enough interest in the program she was checking out- political science/history ….okay then. We were looking forward to the 3 hour trip- my mom was coming along to visit my youngest sister too….but, that cleared up my Saturday.
2. SCHOOL was cancelled – due to winning sports teams. yup, that is what happens when you work at a private school who lives and breathes sports/music/art…..the soccer team and volleyball teams are going to the state tournaments…and so, school is cancelled. -too many kids would be absent to make it worth it.
Yay, Go Team!