If you give a mouse a cookie…….
I had french toast for dinner tonight.
Which brought to mind my favorite blogger/artist French Toast Girl
So I drew on my napkin…
Eating french toast calls for maple syrup
Which made me think of going to the apple farm as a little girl
Mom would always buy me, one maple candy
I saw a recipe for maple candy just last week.
here it is;
- 2 cups maple syrup
- 1 tbsp butter
- maple leaf molds
1. Prepare your molds by spraying them with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Pour the syrup into a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. The syrup will boil quite a bit, so you want to have a saucepan large enough so that it will not easily boil over the top.
3. Insert the candy thermometer and add the butter to the syrup, stirring to incorporate.
4. Bring the syrup to 240 degrees (soft-ball stage) and remove from the heat.
5. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, then beat with a wooden stick until it thickens, lightens in color and turns opaque, 3-5 minutes. Stop stirring once it reaches this point, because you do not want it to set completely in the pan.
6. Spoon the candy into your molds and smooth the tops.
7. Allow to set for 5-7 minutes, then pop out of the molds.
maple candy makes me think of french toast…..